Putting A&D Data on a Web Site
Any A&D report can be put on your existing Internet
web site. When you are ready to generate one or more
A&D reports for your web site, do the following:
- Go to A&D Screen 6 and enter a 6
in Field 1 "Printer port". A&D
then sends all subsequent reports to a file named
"REPORT.A&D" in the root directory of the
drive where your current family history resides. For
example, if your current family is on drive C, all
reports for that family will be sent to "C:\REPORT.A&D".
Reports will continue to be appended to that file
until you return to Screen 6 and change Field 1 back
to a parallel printer port (an entry of 1, 2,
- Also at A&D Screen 6, go to Field 2
"Printer brand/model", press ALT and select the ASCII
- Use your normal web page or HTML editor to copy each report
or page from file C:\REPORT.A&D. To appear with proper
spacing on your web site, the reports must be shown with a
monospace font. Do this by putting the HTML <PRE>
tag at the beginning of each report or page, and put the
HTML end tag </PRE> at the end of each report or
- If the report is too wide when viewed with your browser, select
a smaller font size. For example, reduce a wide report with
the following HTML tags around the report:
- <FONT SIZE=2>
- The A&D report goes here....
- Add any appropriate hypertext links.
- Insert any desired photographs or graphic images.
- Put the resultant web page(s) on your web site by using
your normal export, FTP, or posting procedure.
- A&D will not delete file REPORT.A&D; when
you are done using that file, delete it by using the file
delete command in your web page or HTML editor, in DOS,
or in Windows.
- Be sure to reset Fields 1 and 2 at Screen 6 back to
their normal values when you are ready to resume normal
Copyright © 1998 by Adventures In Ancestry, Inc. All Rights Reserved.